Personal Finance File Cabinet
- Ms. Hardesty's Class Completes a 1040 - digital version of on paper assignment
Future Life Project Guidelines
Earning and Taxes
- Classwork: 3rd block Version 2/12 and 2/14/20 Complete entire packet
- Classwork: B Day Version 2/13/20 Complete #1 - #6
- Classwork: 3/1/19 - Taxes and your pay stub - must be logged in to view
- Classwork/Homework for B Days: Taxes and your pay stub - must be logged in to view
- Completing a 1040 - class assignment and homework 3/12/19 and 3/13/19
- Completing a W-4 Form - Interactive from IRS.gov
- Cost of Living (Numbeo)
- Do I Have to File? - Remember, if you earned less than $12,000 and your W-2 says that you paid federal income tax, you should free file to get your refund!
- Reflection on Mock Interview — Reflection on Mock Interview
- Reference: What Teens Need for Tax Preparation
- Resume Online Workshop (Regent) — Helpful steps for improving a resume
- Teens and Taxes - class assignment 3/4/19
- Your Federal Income Tax Receipt
- Should They File a Tax Return?
- What affects how much we pay in taxes?
- TurboTax Simulation
- Uber Game - Can you make it as an Uber Driver?
- Who Can I Claim as a Dependent?
College and Financial Aid
- ANALYZE: A Student Aid Report
- College App Map
- College Costs - brief overview of costs you'll incur while in college
- Common App: Why go to college?
- Compare Financial Aid between Three Schools (Consumer Finance Protection Bureau)
- Debt by School, Loan Default by School, Graduation Rate by School - which schools do the most to help students from lower income homes?
- FAFSA Tips for Students with Divorced Parents
- Fiscal Tiger: Student Learning Center for College and Debt
- Getting In Financial Aid Podcast — Getting in - Evaluating Financial Aid - content starts at 9:41
- How Financial Aid Works (FAFSA.gov) - this site breaks down the process of federal aid and answers many commonly asked questions
- How to take advantage of work-study programs - what are the benefits of work-study vs a traditional job?
- Infographic: The Financial Aid Map from StudentAid.gov
- Infographic: How America Pays for College
- NGPF INTERACTIVE: Payback (#17) — Must be logged in to view. Make a copy of this file and type directly into the file. If you'd like a printed copy, please speak with Ms. Hardesty.
- Nerd Wallet: What is the Student Aid Report?
- New York Times: What's the Unemployment Rate for 25 - 34 Year Old College Graduates?
- Common App: Paying for College
- Reading Financial Aid Packages - Class Work 4/8/19 and 4/16/19
- Student Aid.Gov - the holy grail of answers to your financial aid questions
- Student Loan Calculator
Banking and Saving
- Bank account info from class - classwork from 4/22/19
- EdPuzzle: What's the Difference between Saving, Investing, and Speculating?
- How Should They Save?
- NGPF Banking Simulation (Shorter Version) - classwork from 4/23/19
- Student Checking Activities
- What is banking? How does it work?
- What banks charge for overdraft (a table)
- CALCULATE: What If You Invested That Latte? (#3) — Done in 2018 school year
- Infographic: The Power of Compounding Interest — Infographic from Wealth 101
- Infographics to explain Investing - from NGPF
- STAX - try to beat the market
- Student Activities for Intro to Investing - A Day 4/29/19, 6th block 5/1 - 5/3, 8th block 5/2/19 - 5/3/19
- Think you can beat the mar and Loansket?? - fun interactive
Credit and Loans
- Credit Student Activity Packet - 3rd block classwork 5/8/19, 8th block 5/9/19 ***
- Credit Card Laws WebQuest
- Fine Print: Reading a Credit Card Statement - 6th, 8th block classwork 5/16/19
- How to Build Credit at 18
- Interactive: It costs what?!
- Spot the Credit Crisis
- Understand your Credit Card Statement
- Understanding the Schumer Box
- What Credit Score Do You Start With?
- Why We Spend More When We Pay with Credit Cards
- Car Insurance Situations — Car insurance situations!
- Car Insurance Fender Bender Frenzy! - You are Jamal, who works at a car insurance company.
- Fine Print: Renter's Insurance Agreement - Can you read and understand a renter's insurance policy?
- The Difference between Being Broke and Being Poor - illustrated
- The Push for Financial Education in Schools (American University Radio)
Consumer Behavior and Consumer Protection
- Video: How to Spot a Pyramid Scheme (TedED EdPuzzle)